Let us take you deep into the chiquibul nature reserve. The boat ride will take you up the macal and raspa culo river. This is the only area in Belize where the scarlet macaws are nesting. There are only approximately 100 mating pairs and we are at risk of loosing them to pouchers. Allow us to put you in a situation where your chances are very high of seeing as much of our fauna.
- From Cayo, we leave at about 6:00am and after a 2:20 hours drive up and through the mountain pine ridge.
- we meet the boat captain abit above the Chalillo dam, where we start out boat ride. Look out for crocodiles, tapirs and scarlet macaws.
After having lunch we will take a steep hike to see the chiquibul blue hole. Then a swift ride home. The tour is done in partnership with F.C.D. Friends for Conservation and Development and most of the money goes to the conservation and protection of the chiquibul forest.
- Tour Duration:
- 6:00 am – 5:00 pm
- What’s included:
- Transportation to and from your hotel, park entrance fee, tour guide, lunch, water and a soda
- Level of Difficulty:
- Moderate – involves hiking, steps and hill climbing
- Chiquibul national park in Maya Mountains / South of San Ignacio Town
- Travel time to site:
- 1.5 hours scenic trip from San Ignacio Town
- Useful Stuff:
- sturdy hiking shoes, bug spray, camera